Article 1 Consent to Collection of Personal Information and Collection Method
Article 2 Personal Information Items Collected and Purpose of Using Personal Information
“Personal Information” means information on living persons and refers to their names, resident registration numbers, or any other information that identifies such persons. (Even if such information alone cannot identify a certain person, such information that can be easily combined with other information and be used to identify such a person.)
The Website has the following purposes for collecting and using customers’ personal information:
Purchase Inquiry Information
- Company Name, Name, E-mail, Phone Number
- Purpose of using personal information: Replying to purchase inquiry, consulting for the use of products
- Retention period: Retained for one (1) year after the fulfillment of above purpose
Article 3 Collection of Personal Information via Cookies
The Website may install and operate cookies that store and frequently retrieve customers’ information. A cookie means a small amount of text files that a website sends to users’ computer browsers (Internet Explorer, and others)
1) Purposes of using cookies
- Providing differentiated information, depending on individuals’ interests
- Analyzing the access frequency or staying time of users, identifying users’ tastes and interests, and using them for target marketing and as a measure for service improvement
- Tracing the information on items purchased and items to which users pay attention, and providing tailor-made services
2) Operation of cookies and rejection of cookiesCookies are stored at the hard disk of users’ computers. Cookies identify users’ computers but do not personally identify users.
In addition, customers may accept or reject all cookies, or go through checks whenever cookies are stored by changing settings on their web browser.
However, if customers refuse to store cookies, they may not use some services that require them.
3) Method for changing settings to reject cookies
A. Internet Explorer
Directly change settings by clicking Tools > Internet Options > Personal Information tab on the upper menu of a web browser
Directly change settings by clicking Menu icon on the upper right bar of a web browser >Settings > Advanced Settings on the bottom of the screen > Contents Setting button on Personal Information section > Cookies section
Article 4 Periods of Retaining and Using Personal Information and Destruction of Personal Information
1) Customers’ personal information shall be destroyed without any delay after the purposes of collection and use of their personal information have been fulfilled. However, if customers’ personal information needs to be retained for a certain period of time for the following purpose of verifying transaction parties’ rights and obligations in accordance with provisions of relevant statutes, such as the Protection of Consumers in e-commerce and Other Transactions Act, such information shall be retained for the specified period:
A The Protection of Consumers in e-commerce and Other Transactions Act
- Retained for one (1) years
2) The Website shall destroy personal information in the following manner.
A. Destruction procedure-The information entered for purchase inquiry shall be transferred to a separate database (in case of information on paper, a separate filing cabinet), stored for a certain period of time in accordance with internal guidelines and other relevant statutes, and then destroyed.
- The above personal information shall not be used for any purposes other than for the purposes stipulated by law.
B. Destruction methods-Personal information printed out on paper shall be destroyed by shredding or burning. - Personal information in electronic file format shall be entirely destroyed by technological methods so that they may not be restored or regenerated.
Article 5 Access and Modification of Personal Information
1) Customers may access or modify their personal information by requesting for such access or modification by sending e-mails or written requests to a company email. Then, the Website shall take relevant measures without any delay.
2) If customers demand the correction of any errors in their personal information, such personal information shall be neither used nor provided by the Website until such errors have been corrected.
Article 6 Withdrawal of Consent to Collection, Use, and Provision of Personal Information
1) Customers may withdraw their consent to the collection, use, and provision of their personal information that is made available when sending purchase inquiry at any time. They may do so by contacting the company in writing, by telephone, or through e-mail. Then, the Website shall immediately take necessary measures, such as deletion of personal information. The Website shall immediately notify customers of such measures, including withdrawal of consent and destruction of personal information.
2) The Website shall take necessary measures to ensure that customers withdraw their consent to the collection of their information through an easier method than what they used to give their consent to the method of collecting personal information.
Article 7 Measures for Ensuring the Security of Personal Information
The Website shall take technological/administrative/physical measures required for ensuring the security of personal information in accordance with Article 29 of the Personal Information Protection Act.
1. Encryption of personal information
Users’ personal information, including passwords, is stored and managed and is only known to the users who own that information. Important data is secured with separate features, such as the encryption and locking of files and transmitted data.
2. Technological measures against hacking
The Website shall install, regularly update, and check security porgrams to ensure that personal information is not leaked and damaged due to hacking or computer viruses. It shall also install systems in areas to which access from the outside is controlled, as well as technologically/physically inspect and block such areas.
Article 8 Modification of the Guideline on Personal Information Processing
This guideline on personal information processing shall take effect on its effective date. Any addition of change under statutes and this guideline, and deletion and correction of anything in this guideline shall be announced via notices seven (7) days prior to the effectuation of such addition, deletion, or correction.